Hello Bride-to-be and Welcome! This is such an exciting time for you! We are sure your mind is racing with all that needs to be planned. It’s all very exciting, but it can also be somewhat overwhelming. You’re planning the day that you’ve been anticipating your whole life and yet you only get one shot at it. By the time you get the hang of it, the planning is over. Our goal as wedding photographers is to make this one aspect of the planning process simple. Photography is more than just images, it’s a real part of your day. You deserve beautiful images along with an amazing photographic experience.
Here’s to an amazing time of planning your perfect wedding… Cheers!
Your Engagement Session
Now that you have picked a date, a photographer and probably a venue as well, you can celebrate! Those are some of the toughest decisions in wedding planning and you can cross them off your list! Hooray!! Now on to the fun stuff…. like your engagement session! We encourage engagement sessions because we truly believe that they are a vital part of the entire process.
During your engagement session, you’ll have the chance to get to know us, experience how we shoot and how we handle posing and lighting. This session will make a huge impact on how your wedding day flows. We’ll arrive on your wedding day already knowing how you two interact, what your best poses are and how to photograph you in a genuine way! What we will learn about you during your engagement session is invaluable! You will feel like such a pro on your big day because of the great practice you had during your engagement session and that’s how it should be!
We have confessed our deep love for “First Looks” numerous times on our blog and we tend to point them throughout your wedding process. There is a reason for this. They’re Awesome! However, not everyone is aware of how awesome they are because they get caught up in how “un-traditional” it is and they immediately write it off.
- You’re investing lot into your wedding photography. With a first look, you’ll receive 40% more portraits of the two of you… and those are the images you will decorate your first home with!
- You actually get to have intimate time on your wedding day with your man. Most brides don’t realize that when you come down the aisle and totally shock him with your gorgeous-ness… he can’t even tell you how amazing you look.
- First Looks allow you to be together and alone on your wedding day. This special moment will be shared between both of you and remembered for years to come.
- You get rid of your nerves! We’d say, literally 1/2 of my couples who have decided to do a first look, the grooms were not fans of it at first. However, because they have never experienced their wedding day before, they didn’t know how nerve racking it can be.
If we’re being honest, all of the wedding day images are important but the real favorites are almost always from our time with the Bride and Groom! These romantic portraits of just the two of you will be the images that you frame beside your bed or over your mantle and they will also be the images that will fill your album for generations to enjoy. These images are always our favorite not only because of their beauty but because this is such a sweet portion of the day. For this brief moment in time, you will be alone with your groom on your wedding day. You will have a chance to love on each other and really connect before the craziness begins! Romantic portraits are normally done before the ceremony (after the “First Look”) and then we love shooting a few “just married” portraits after the ceremony as well! This is when the light is low and golden! It’s such a romantic time for bride and groom portraits! If you’re not interested in a first look, we will make sure to include a lot of time after the ceremony for these portraits!
The fun has begun! It’s time to relax, dance and celebrate!! Your reception should be a blast! The last thing you need to be worrying about is your timeline. Your coordinator and DJ should take care of making sure that everything stays on schedule so that you can enjoy your night. Here are some helpful tips that will help your reception flow smoothly.
- Take your guests into consideration when planning your timeline. If you have a lot of elderly guests that will not be staying until the very end, make sure you schedule the cake cutting at a relatively early time so that they can be a part of it. Grandma’s love seeing this sweet tradition!
- Keep it moving! Chat with your coordinator about how you can plan your reception in a way that will keep guests engaged and moving all night! Consider having our awesome Photo Booth added to your venue.
- Make it your own! If you want to have a special dance with your grandparents, do it! Make your reception a reflection of who you are and don’t feel tied to traditions. Also, make sure you give your DJ or Band a “Do Not Play” list if there are some songs you really don’t want to hear during your reception!
- Don’t get too caught up in the formalities and the details. Sure, details are pretty and fun to photograph, but they can steal the joy of the day if you get too caught up in them. (Just speaking from experience here) Plan your centerpieces, welcome table, etc. well before the wedding date and teach your coordinator or family friend how to set them up so that you aren’t even thinking about those things the day of!
We capture your wedding day and provide a Sneak Peek of your photos in a few days online!
You receive your online gallery in 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the season!
The designer (Lana) and the bride (You) collaborate on selection, layout and color options for your album.
Albums can take anywhere between 6 and 12 weeks for delivery. Trust us, it will be worth the wait!
Thanks for reaching this point in the process! Hopefully we have answered most of your questions, but we are sure you have some more as every wedding is unique. We recommend completing our Wedding Wizard, which will send us details about your wedding before we talk.
Our first conversation will be fun and very easy going! We’ll want to learn a bit more about you and your future spouse. We also really love to meet people in person, so we’ll try and schedule some time for you to come to our studio or we’ll meet you locally for a cup of coffee. We both have caffeine challenges!
We’ll explain the whole process and talk about how the day typically flows. We’ll also explain how we work as a couple throughout your wedding day. People have lots of questions around options, transportation, etc.. and we are happy to help. We’ll offer you some tips that will make your day a bit easier & photos a whole lot better!
We’ll explain our simple pricing model by the day, talk about our approach to wedding albums, and explain everything that’s included for you! If that all sounds good to you, then we’ll schedule a date for your Engagement / Save the Date photo session! Get started by completing our Wedding Wizard or Contact Us.
All of our Brides receive a complementary copy of our Bridal Guide. With over 70 pages of inspirational photographs to spark your imagination and creativity for your own wedding. The guide also contains all of our tips and tricks to help plan an amazing Wedding Experience! What to wear during your Engagement Photo Session? No worries the guide covers that as well! Your wedding timeline & our unique perspective on First Looks is also covered in detail!
Our online gallery makes sharing your wedding photos a breeze! We’ll post your photos when they become available and send you a notification that they’re available.
- Social sharing with your friends and family made simple.
- Select your favorites for your wedding album.
- Order prints from our professional portrait lab available only to professional photographers!
We also provide all of our new clients with a USB Flash drive with all of their high resolution, watermark-free images. Your USB is delivered with your wedding album so it will contain “finals” of all your images!